2019 Lotus Excellence Scholarship Awards
ICO would like to invite high school seniors of Indian descent who have excelled in any of the five categories listed below to apply for the Lotus Excellence Scholarship Award 2019.
- Arts (Visual, Film, Music, Dance, Digital Arts, Painting, Photography, Poetry, Drama, Theater etc.)
- Community Service
Multiple $1,000 awards may be given in each of the categories. Applicants can however, choose only ONE category to apply.
- Application Submission Deadline: Sunday, March 31st, 2019 midnight CST (deadline extended due to technical issues)
- Notification of Selection: Monday, April 15th, 2019
- Awards Ceremony: Sunday April 21st, 2019 6:00 pm.
Excellence Award Eligibility Checklist
- High School Senior in good academic standing with a minimum 3.0 G.P.A. on 4.0 scale (4.0 G.P.A. on 5.0 scale)
- Indian American descent
- Student must be a resident of the Chicagoland area
- We welcome IMSA, private school and homeschooled students to apply
Please upload the required documents listed below as one .ZIP file with Title as the Last name_First name (example: Kumar_Raj.zip):
- Fill out the application form here
- Copy of most recent high school transcripts – (Unofficial)
- Copy of your ACT/SAT scores-(Unofficial)
- Letters of reference supporting your commitment to Academic/Sports/Arts/Leadership excellence or community service. Please note: letters of reference can be emailed directly to email@example.com.
- One reference from an educator or counselor of your high school
- One reference from an organization relevant to your award category (Academic applicants please submit a second educator referral)
- Recent photo in jpeg format
- Write a Personal Statement limiting to 500 words highlighting the impact of your Indian Heritage on you.
- Signed Assignment of Rights & Consent to Publish Awardee Information form
Selected applicants will be notified by April 15th, 2019 and the award presentation will take place on April 21st, 2019. Attendance is not mandatory but highly encouraged.
In addition, the selected awardees will also be called on stage and recognized for their achievements during India Day Celebrations on August 11th, 2019.
Please complete the application in its entirety. Failure to do so will result in your application being incomplete and disqualified from the selection process. In order to ensure the Award integrity, applicants must meet all requirements. Please note that all materials submitted become the property of the Naperville Indian Community Outreach Board and will not be returned after the selection process.
Please email any queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Note: Immediate Family members of Indian Community Outreach Board members are not eligible to participate.